Today was, due to the weather, committed to doing laundry at, I must say, the sketchiest laundromat I have ever seen. The walls and tables were covered with graffiti and the weird, synthetic-rubbery couch was not one I would I ever consider sitting on... But I am currently sockless, so it had to happen. In any case it was cheaper than its Parisian counterpart.

Sidenote: a man just walked in with no laundry, looked me in the eyes, and walked out...
I have undergone an exciting string of experiences lately, experiences that cause me to believe I am very close to ready to start actually writing Heinz. I have caught myself several times writing scenes in my head. Whether lying down to sleep, in the shower, or cooking, my mind wanders to the story I have to tell and the manner in which I want to tell it. If that is not a sign that I am almost ready I do not know what is.
The majority of the writing of Heinz will be undertaken this fall at school when I have allotted three credit hours per week to the project. But I suspect that I will be drawn to begin my work this summer in Vermont while I have free time and this trip is fresh on my mind.
I am considering spending my last night in Europe, 1st June, in the Amsterdam airport rather than at the hostel I have booked. I arrive at almost 11 PM anyway and I don't much care to try and find my hostel that late at night. I will consider it a bit more and then decide.
Tomorrow I will explore here no matter the weather!
Good to hear your feeling better, to bad weather hasn't been cooperating w ya, hopefully that will change soon.
ReplyDeleteHad to chuckle when I heard of the laundromat you went into, to bad looks like they have some nice equipment in there amongst all the graffiti...
Hard to believe in 5 this trip will be behind you and you'll be back home, can't wait to hear of all your adventures, and for you put all your work together and tell of Heinz story..
Keep up the great work, love ya :)